Up North Boil
Last year we were introduced several times to “boils”. Needless to say we are addicted! Here is how we make it there are numerous ways to create your own! Once you start, you will find all kinds of ways to customize it to your family! This recipe will feed 4. Commonly crab is used we however don’t add this and it’s still ammmaaazzinngg!
you will need:
2 Tbsp. Old bay seasoning
12 oz (1 bag). Shrimp cooked.
1 Pd. Smoked sausage
6 ears fresh corn
6 yellow/white potatoes
1.fill your pot halfway with water, set stove to high. Add 2 Tbsp. Old bay to water.
2. Prepare- Clean shrimp, cut corn in quarters, peel/wash/cube potatoes, and slice sausage
3. Add potatoes to water and cook for about 12 minutes
4. Add the Sausage and corn and cook about 5 minutes longer
5. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3-5 minutes longer, the shrimp needs to be very last it is already cooked and will toughen up if warmed to long!
6. Here I add some season all and salt, but this is my family’s liking
7. Drain water well
8. Pour onto large pan or table lined with your desire of covering. I add a few pats of real butter and dump it onto my large platter! If you are feeding a lot, a table covered with wax paper will do!
Commonly newspaper is used!
Set out ketchup, butter, salt & pepper
Now grab a paper plate and beer and dig in! Mmmm